During installation the Protea AntiVirus Tools configuration database is created in the Domino\Data\PAVT folder.
The Protea AntiVirus Tools, ClamAV version uses the Clam AntiVirus scanner. Before installing Protea AntiVirus Tools for Lotus Domino, make sure that the Clam AntiVirus scanner is installed.
ClamAV - Installation Instructions
Proceed to the http://www.proteatools.com/download/ download page.
Use the following link to download the 'Clam AntiVirus' software package.
Install ClamAV to your PC. ClamAV must be installed only to the c:\clamav\ folder. You should change all paths in clamd.conf if you install clamav not to c:\clamav.
After installing ClamAV, open the configuration file “C:\clamav\clamd.conf” and change it as follows:
- the value of StreamMaxLength 5M to StreamMaxLength 25M.
- the value of #LogFile to LogFile.
To launch clamd, use clamd.exe - “C:\clamav\clamd.exe”.
To check whether clamd operates properly, use the following application: clamdscan.exe – “C:\clamav\clamdscan.exe”.
If there are no errors, the installation was successful!
Each time your windows server reboots, you should launch clamd – “C:\clamav\clamd.exe”.
The ClamAV engine has a limitation concerning the size of the data stream sent to daemon clamd and the maximum size of archives being scanned.
In case the limitations are exceeded, the scanner will return the following scanning result value: SCAN_FAILED.
Before you start daemon clamd for the first time, you should check and specify quite large values for the variables limiting the size of the data being scanned.
The settings of the antivirus engine ClamAV are available in the file clamd.conf (the StreamMaxLength, MaxFileSize and MaxRecursion variables).
Open command prompt by clicking Start - Run, type cmd and hit ENTER. Navigate
to C:\clamav by typing cd C:\clamav to the command prompt and hit ENTER. In
C:\clamav\ execute these commands:
- C:\clamav\freshclam --install
- C:\clamav\clamd --install
- Open service manager by clicking Start - Run, type services.msc and hit ENTER.
- Double click the ClamWin Free Antivirus DB Updater service, set Startup type to Automatic and then use the START button to start the service.
- Double click the ClamWin Free Antivirus Scanner Service service, set Startup type to Automatic and then use the START button to start the service.
- Restart Windows server.
If there were no errors, the installation was successful!
Testing and known errors
- If you followed this tutorial, everything is working fine and the services are running. You can check your log files in C:\clamav\log folder.
- It is good to start ClamWin Free Antivirus Scanner Service a few minutes later after ClamWin Free Antivirus DB Updater service because of missing database files.
- To test if clamd is running, open command prompt and type telnet localhost 3310
- If it is running you shoud have a quick response and blank command prompt screen, exit it by CTRL+C.
Installation of Protea AntiVirus Tools for Lotus Domino
- Before beginning the installation of Protea AntiVirus Tools for Lotus Domino it is necessary to have installed Lotus Domino server R6.0.1 or higher.
- Install Protea AntiVirus Tools for Lotus Domino.
- Restart Lotus Domino.
If you have other antivirus programs installed, it is necessary to remove the Protea AntiVirus
Tools for Lotus Domino temporary directory from their scanning targets. This directory is specified as the TempFolder value in the pavt.ini file.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org us for more detailed information download on the evaluetion version.